Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rest In Peace Grannie!

30 August Wednesday

After hearing news from my sis that my grandma had passed away on Tuesday afternoon, Alan and I went back home to Singapore today to attend her funeral. He went to work first, to tie up lose ends in the morning, whilst I went ahead with my pre-arranged tuition with a set of twins (Salwa's daughters) from 1030-12pm.

Then it was F1 driving and we arrived in Spore, beating all the jams. After sayanging Ash and showering, we went down to Singapore Casket to pay our last respects to Grannie. Dinner was settled in the foodcourt nearby. We reached home around midnight that night and was utterly shacked out.

31 August Thursday

We slept in a bit and then went down to SC again. The casket left for Mandai Crematorium at 415pm and the cremation was at 515pm. After that, Alan and I, all red and puffy eyes went down to ASA to visit May jie jie to book our trip to USA. Apparently, everything was v timely and the NATAS travel fair was going on. We booked ourselves airtickets leavin Spore on 13th (immediately after Sharon's ROM) and arriving back in Spore on 30th Sept. We will not be going home (Siglap) but taking a connecting flight to KL in order not to waste Alan's leave. :)

We will be visiting Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Franciso. I can't believe it - we are going next month!!! I am hardly prepared.

After the trip to ASA, we went to the foodcourt for a G7 frog legs porridge dinner and bought some dessert home for mama. :)

1 August (Friday)

We woke up early and went with Mum to Mandai to collect Grannie's ashes to be placed in Sembawang near the crematorium. Then, all three of us went to Marina Square to watch a movie ($ no enough II). We had lunch at the foodcourt afterwhich we bumped into Robin and his gal. How coincidental. Of all people to bump into, we bumped into a Malaysian!!!

The movie was long and draggy but taught us to cherish the people around us-especially our parents! After the movie, we grabbed a cuppa at Kiliney and then walked to Raffles City for Alan to buy his camera strap at Crumpler.

Then, feeling decadent, we drove to Still Road and queued up for the famous Black Pepper Crab. We had three small ones, meegoreng and a dish of vege and then hopped nextdoor to the 4Seasons Durian Cafe to tapao D24s. 3 for $20/= for our supper. I think I put on some weight even on this trip back!!! Tian Ah!

2 August Saturday

Alan & I were so tired that we overslept and had to forgo the plan of shopping in Orchard Road. We picked my motherinlaw up at her office and then sent her home to get ready. Daddy, Mummy, Mummy's mummy (Ah Ma) and Alan and I were going to Malaysia together. My daddyinlaw's mother's brother had passed away and we were going to Muar to pay our last respects. err apparently the number of funerals increases when 7 Month begins...

Anyway... after a massive one-hour jam at Tuas, we reached Muar at around 5+pm. I was taken for a visit in dad and mum's house and then driven to the funeral parlour. After paying our last respects to GrandUncle, we enjoyed a delicious catered buffet dinner of assam stingray, otaks etc. and then headed off to Sri Tiara again.

it was almost ten pm when we arrived "home".

No comments: