Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Great MPH Sale!

Last night, because it was SALE time at MPH (good excuse?), we brought Ening and Ethan out to MVMM and The Gardens.

Alan came back early (these days he does not linger in the office as they are moving out and the dust is overwhelming) and we bathed Ethan together before dressing him in his Hallmark shirt (which is going to be too small for him soon) and his long pants.

Dinner was at the Jap restaurant at The Gardens. Alan's choice AGAIN. We had gone to the Taiwanese restaurant two nights ago and THAT too , was of his choice. It's NOT FAIR *stamp foot on ground and cross arms with pout*. hahaha. Not complaining lah. I would have chosen the food court in a bid to save moolah. Oh well...

We ordered and I satisfied my craving for unagi. Both En and I gobbled down our food but she won and she volunteered to bring Ethan outta the restaurant (he was starting to struggle and show his horns, again). We thankfully agreed. After Alan and I had polished off our rice, we waiting a bit impatiently for the scallop / volcano sushi etc to be served. We left a few pieces of sushi and a scallop for En and Alan then went out to look for her.

TO HIS HORROR, she (and of course Ethan lah) were no where to be found. He searched for them but it was futile and then came back to report to (and scare ) me. I promptly left the unfinished food and pushed the pram out to the counter at the entrance to pay.

Weird thoughts were running through my brain. This is Malaysia, mind you. BTW, have I related the story of the uncle whose son was kidnapped? That's another story...you can PM me if you want the gory (yes I mean all of that word) details. :P

Anyway, finally the maid and the kiddo were found. SHe had brought him into Borders, just next door. My freaked out husband gave her a tongue lashing (in relief). sigh.

After the scare, we headed to MPH to capitalise on the SALE. I had received an SMS (as a member of MPH, Malaysia) that 3/3-5/3 was big sale period for MPH members. The sale would last till 7/3, actually but the first three days had greater discounts to be enjoyed.

True enough, we picked up some great steals. There were 3 First Word books for Ethan, some touch-touch books, pop-up books and also a book that emitted wailing of a siren etc etc. I also bought a book for TK and Ening each. hahaha. My goodness.

Then came a short visit to Ace Hardware and after that, because it was still early, and Ethan was drowsy, we decided to head to PapaRich and give it another shot. The first visit to this outlet had not satisfied but we were bored and thirsty and it was early 8pm only, after all.

Alan had a red bean ice with chendol drink and En and I both had tau huay. My order did not delight, AGAIN.

No comments: