Friday, April 24, 2009

Our dinner last night

Last night I cooked mah babie a delicious dinner (if I may say so myself). Before I headed downstairs for my swim, I popped all the ingredients below into the rice cooker and switched it ON.

1 cup of water
1 cup of uncooked rice
1 tbs of sesame oil
1 small chopped onion
1 smashed ginger (2 inches)
2 cloves of smashed garlic
1/2 chicken stock cube
1 uncooked chicken thigh

And when I came up, the result was FRAGANT GARLIC CHICKEN RICE! *claps* how easy peasy can it be??

Of course, I supplemented the meal with a steamed pomfret (with sliced chillies, garlic, ginger and sauce) and also a huge bowl of potato and leak soup (with milk). I can't believe it put together such a yummy & nutritious meal in so few steps. I like~!

The husband gave many nods of approval as we tucked in. :)

No comments: