Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Weird Dream

Hahaha I woke up with a bright smile on my face and recalled my weird dream hours ago. I was back in school and it seemed like the WHOLE SCHOOL was celebrating my birthday. We were at the stadium and there even was a march-pass. All the kids were carrying red balloons and the formation created was Happy Birthday! Wah. weird until...

Anyway, the Choco Chip cookies are in the oven and baking. They are welcome gifts for my family who will be arriving tomorrow evening for a visit. My mum and my two younger sisters will be here. :D And will be staying till late Monday. :D I have pushed back or cancelled all my tuition lessons and will be the good host and bring them around. Monday is Vesak Day somemore.

We will be visiting Pavilion, 1 Utama, the Curve, Jalan Maluri etc. There will be LOADSA shopping, IMMENSE feasting and an entirely decadent long weekend to look forward to. :D

4:18pm
I just finished cooking dinner - fried rice with spiced pork cubes and pork ribs and black beans soup. Will steam the prawns later with the new old steamer which we karpohed from my house in Spore. It had been stored away for the longest time - perhaps as my parent's wedding gift?- and now it is seeing daylight again. Amazingly, it works perfectly fine.

Hayden was his usual impish self again and I have notice my tolerance level getting lower and lower. Perhaps it's PMS? Or maybe it's Mother Nature telling me NOT to have children of my own. I just can't stand wriggly worms who squirm about. I think MOE put me in a secondary school for a reason. :P

Anyway, I've news. Alan and I have sponsered Melissa, a 14-year-old girl in Mike's orphanage in Indonesia. Our teenaged 'daughter' would like to be a "pramugari" (air hostess) when she grows up and is absolutely delighted that we have chosen her and promises to study very hard to get good results. We hope that we will make a difference in at least one person's life on this earth.

Our hang-up: We fell in love with Stephanie, the 8yearold whose father still hasn't collected her from the orphanage even though he told the principal he was remarrying and going to bring his daughter from the first marriage to live with him. Stephy's real mother also has turned up recently and given very little thanks to the orphanage people for taking such good care of her. Alan and I initially wanted to sponser this little child but because of all the above, didn't. I have decided, that if Stephanie continues to remain at the orphange for long term, I will sponser her myself. :D With all the ringgit I am earning! haha. What do you think?

No comments: