Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gastronomical Sins

Saturday 15 May 2010

A lovely start to the day was a trip down memory lane. Alan and I had once volunteered our Tuesday evenings at a home in Desa Petaling called Ti-ratana. I used to conduct English tuition classes for a group of teenagers every week with Mr Iron Man Tan as my assistant and IT helpdesk operator. hahaha. Sad to say, we no longer continue this because of personal reasons (read: Ethan Tan)

Anyway, I was forwarded an email that the home needed confinement foods (they also house unwed mothers, infants, elderly- even stray dogs!) and I wanted to hand them my leftover rice wine, black vinegar etc etc. I also packed tonnes of clothes Ethan has outgrown as giveaways too.

We passed the stuff to Raj, the i/c there and then quickly headed to The Gardens to pick up a late lunch at 1pm. Again, Alan wanted to eat Oh Sushi and I reluctantly agreed for the lack of a better option. We overordered this time with butter corn ramen (it SUCKED) for me, and garlic rice and a plate of pork for Alan. We also shared a pan fried fish and salmon nabe. *burp*

Immediately after that, we were slated to go for facial (for me) and a massage for Alan at Cres. Alan had to wait for me (and he spent his time wisely at the MVMM photography fair) as I had a longer treatment time than he did.

I then popped into Isetan, which was on SALE and bought Ethan three pairs of thick socks for Australia. Alan met me at Cold Storage and we went to the fruit shop nearby to pick up 3 (for RM20!!!) small peaches and 8 big and juicy mangoes (for RM40). Guess what Ethan will be having for snack next week??? heeeheee

Sunday 16 May 2010

After Ethan was cooperative and had his breakfast, we got him ready and then left with Jay Jay and Coco for Dogroomz. The two furry ones needed their full grooming - Jay Jay can hardly see with his fringe covering his big round eyes! Hahahaha.

Once we had unloaded the two dogs, Alan sped us to Noble House at Imbii for my "Mothers' Day lunch". hahaha. He had wanted to buy me this meal last week but the restaurant had been fully booked. We had a voucher for one person to dine free for this buffet. It cost RM 45 (cheap untilll) per pax and came with a yummy bowl of shark fins soup.

We opted for the double boiled shark fins soup- the fins were stuffed into a chicken wing and had to pay extra. But it was certainly worth it. The rest of the buffet spread included big succulent prawns, soups, dim sum, appetisers, scallops with cheese, escargot with cheese etc. They even had lobsters in the buffet but apparently they were all served up when we had got there at around 1245pm. The moral of the story? Book your table for 1130am, when the buffet has just begun!
Anyway, we didn't stuff ourselves silly because Ethan was a tad cranky. Just a tad, which was handleable. ;P Sally, the waitress tried to entertain him but at the end of the meal, he was already in tears. I fed him in the car whilst we made our way to Pavilion Shopping Mall.

Popping into Tangs straightaway, we collected our free RM 50 voucher (membership really has it privileges in this country). The voucher expired today and Alan was 'forced' to spend. He did not disappoint and selected (albeit too excitedly) two Iron Man FCUK T-shirts (which cost altogether RM200) - my husband can REALLY SHOP! The salesgirls took turns to entertain Ethan as well but he cried and cried. haahaha.

Next stop, PARKSON. I wanted to buy shoes for Ethan for OZ - to keep his feet warm. I selected a pair and mistakenly bought a pair of jeans for Ethan which I thought was on 50% off. It was , but the price (Rm39.90) was already discounted. Oh well....

We went down, down, down to the basement:

On to Watsons - I needed some personal stuff. Popped into Caring Pharmacy for some pills too.
Coffee Break was at Old Town White Coffee. I had a ice blended mocha coffee and Alan had a hazelnut iced coffee. Both were delicious and pick-me-ups.

Next stop- Chinese Medical Hall to replenish our dried scallops stock and we bought a big box of green raisins to serve as munchies in front of our goggle box.

Then, it was home sweet home to rest and feed Ethan his avocado. After I bathed him, again we set off to Dogroomz to fetch the two naughty boys back home.

Monday 17 May 2010.
IP MAN II beckoned in the evening. We polished off two hotdogs and a small popcorn during the show. hahaa. Decadence with a Capital D!
The show was still very good and exciting and touching - even though it cannot hold a candle to IP MAN I. Quite impactful, I must say. I had seriously wanted to slap the angmoh sitting next to me when Twister was on the big screen. haahah
After visiting Altera to send Alan's jeans for alteration, we grabbed Subway home for a late dinner.

No comments: