Friday, July 24, 2009

Ramblings of a Sick mama

Sad to say, I've been down with the flu for the past 4 days. GOod grief. There cannot be a better time ;P We are hopping onto MAS on Monday morning to get to Perth. I hope I will be in the pink of health then but how can I get better w/o any medication??? ArGHHHh! Maybe I should take another dose of birdsnest again before I leave.

Anyway, things have become hectic recently. My tuition frequency increased because of the school holidays and there are a million and one house stuff items to settle - not that I've been much help in that department. Alan the poor dear has taken it upon himself to do everything - yes , I mean EVERYTHING.

Our ID consultant, a young girl named Vivian from Yuan Designs is not a help at all. She gets pushed around by her own contractors etc and till date, has not even given Alan a work schedule (like OMG, we are slated to move in in ard 2 weeks time please!) Alan has popped by the house every single day to jagah the works and there has been a great deal of frustration. Well, one thing Yuan Designs is good for is their knack of overpricing their goods and services like crazily. Alan has outsourced many an item to outside contractors of his own lobang and we have saved quite a huge percentage of the predicted pricings. (E.g. they must be mad to charge us RM3,800 for the main door to the house when Alan can get it for RM700!)

I am also very excited by the proposed garden area. There will be little moulds with bonsais and the garden and living room will be flanked by bamboo plants. I think the effect will be very nice and enticing enough for me to sit outside, brave the heat and mozzies and read a book or two.

I am still sourcing for wall stickers, though, for Ethan's room. Need some inspiration - We have decided to paint his room (dark) blue and bright yellow - Gimme a C! Gimme an R! ..... :P
ANd there's this little area (with 3 walls) surrounding the room's window through which sunlight streams in and that little area is gonna be the designated play / reading area. :) So ExCiTiNG! Like a mini-project for me. ;)

We still have yet to go to Ikea to pick up other necessary / extravagant stuff. But that can wait. The move-in is slated for 14th August from 11am to 1Pm. Wish us luck!

No comments: