Sunday, March 23, 2008

DOT Comes to Stay :)

It's 10pm on a sunday, after a really fulfilling and exciting weekend.

Thursday 20 March 2008 was a public holiday. Something about a malay Prophet's birthday or something. I question little, as long as it gives my man a rest. :D We woke up later and then decided to go to Pavilion for a movie (Rule #1). After the movie, we had a light bite at Food republic and then went to Corus Hotel to fetch Dorothy, my good friend who had travelled by Aeroline to visit me.

We picked the tired gal up at around 9pm and carted her away to begin her 3 day 3 night KL City Tour. hahaha. It all started with Robson Height's steamed fish, vege and honey chicken...and we sipped sake and had the lana cake the Dot had brought and chatted till Alan's eyelids gave way and he begged to be excused to hit the bed at around 12+, 1am. dot and I continued our catch-up chat till around 2am.

friday 21 march 2008

We woke up very early. Poor Alan had to work and Dot and I had a light breakfast at home of Breadtalk munchies. At around 11+am, the two of us caught a cab and headed to Pavilion for Dot to understand what shopping in KL was truly about.

In the end, I joined in the shopping frenzy, as though I was a tourist who had barely touched down in Malaysia. I bought 3 tops (all on sale) and a tie rack for the dear husband. Dot also helped the Malaysian economy by pumping in SGD, buying shoes and assessories etc etc.

We went for lunch at dragon-I and chomped down Xiao Long Bao and Ra Mien at around 2pm. Our movie was Horton- Who-Movie at 245pm. I enjoyed it but fell asleep due to the lack of sleep the night before. I had to buy a cuppa coffee in the middle of the movie! After the movie, we continued to shop. We also bought some cheese pies from The Loaf (6 for Rm30-earl grey, berries, strawberry, milo, chocolate) and savoured 2 before Alan picked us up.

Next on our shopping list was Sungei Wang where Alan and I picked up our Redken hair paste for a steal. Dot also stocked up on a year's supply of contact lenses because of her discovery that it was MUCH cheaper here than in Sing.

the best part of the day was yet to come. A massage at Liang Xin, Bukit Bintang! We were prodded, kneaded, stepped on etc for 1.5hrs. The PRC lady was very professional and very friendly. We were served fruits and fruit juice as well.

We left Liang Xin feeling utterly refreshed and pampered and hungry.

Ahhhh a great dinner was in store for our guest. Steamboat and salted egg crabs at Taman Maluri! We happily stuffed our faces.

At home, we opened two bottles of wine that had been given to Alan and they sadly failed to live up to our expectations. The cheese pies did their trick at about midnight whilst we tried to watch some DVDs that did not make much sense. At about 2am, we decided to call it a night and conserve our energies for the next day's outing.

Saturday 22 March 2008

Tired to the max, all of us woke up late. Breakfast was served at home with egg rolls, cheese pies and hot drinks. We headed to 1-Utama after that for more shopping! Alan bought a golf shirt and a pair of golf pants at a steal, I got myself a new pair of shoes and Dot bought MORE contact lenses and shoes etc. hahaha

After an hour or two (and after Dot had asked "Aare we eating lunch?" a couple of times, we brought her to the restaurant that served great Malaccan cuisine. We had a set (ponteh chicken, sambal belachan kangkong and sizzling egg toufu) and added assam laksa, kuay pati and honey sotong to our order. Delicious!

More shopping was done until we rested our feet and had a drink at the juice bar. We then left for Mid Valley Mega Mall (after buying a bottle of merlot for the night).

Whilst Dot was shopping, we hopped into Osim and made our purchase. Oooolala. How delectable! Then, we went to Yan Yan restaurant near home for a feast of Hokkien noodles, bakuteh, vege and drunken prawns.

Later that night, entertainment was Mahjong accompanied by donuts and that bottle of red. What a life! Alan was the BIG Winner, earning Dot's 5ringgit and my 7 which I eventually didn't pay. ahahaha. All in the name of fun ;) We then watched our wedding photograph display late into the night. :)

Sunday 23 March 2008

We sent Dot to Corus Hotel where the coach was already waiting. We bade each other farewell sadly and promised to catch up in Spore before she left for Brazil to live with her husband. No No, her hubbie's Singaporean lah. hahaha

Then Alan and I went to Imbi Palace for a lovely dimsum breakfast. After that it was home sweet home till 3+pm when we left to Mid Valley Mega Mall again for a movie (Gone Baby Gone). A provocative movie that set you thinking. Our enjoyment of it was marred though by the great pains the censorship board had gone through to remove any 'unsavoury' content. Even though it was rated 18+, the f-word was removed along with other vulgarities which were actually quite necessary in the movie. The cutting was badly done and there were parts of the movie which actually irritated me because of the censorship. ;p

We headed to Carrerfour next and picked up some stuff that would allow me to cook dinner over the next week. Then we settled dinner at Din Tai Fung before heading for home.

No comments: