Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Zombiotic Mode *ON*

It's approximately 1pm on a gloomy Tuesday and somehow I can't find the urgency to "Wake Up". I've been in a sleep-like state for the past few hours. Could it be my blocked nose? The aftereffects of the 2 white pills I took last night? Hmm perhaps it's just boredom. hahaha.

After tuition last nite, my head was spinning. Not just with the experience of having to share what is a Noun, Verb, Adjective and Adverb over and over again but also with the amazement of how local education standards for the English Language are so very lacking.

My student, a HR Manager, enrolled herself into the TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) course to improve her English. There is a great diversity amongst the students in her class in terms of their aptitude and academic backgruond. There are those professionals who have no experience whatsoever in teaching and those teaching in pre-schools all the way to teachers from international schools of tertiary levels.

Ironically, this HR Manager is taking tuition with me to improve her English to take TESL to improve her English. Get it? I don't! Especially since she ain't thinking of teaching English to begin with! My goodness! *slap forehead*

The scanner component of our spanking new printer is not working. The service man , who was slated to arrive by 11am today, obviously has not shown his face yet. In Malaysia, when someone says "11am", I think you can add another 3 or 4 hours to it. ;p

There's tuition again this afternoon and tonight. And since I had burnt dinner last evening, whilst baking cookies, Alan has kindly offered to bring home dinner for me. hee hee hee! The advantages of having a nice husband (who doesn't enjoy burnt dinners).

No comments: