Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Special Sunday at Morib Beach

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY DEAR!!sorry we were not able to make a trip back to surprise you this year. The surprise was : THERE WAS NO SURPRISE!!! Hahaha.

Amazing! We have to travel 1.5 hours to get to a beach from KL. hahaha. We had been invited by the Tan family to go to Morib Beach for lunch and a get-together today. I wasn't all for it as the weather had been SO FREAKING HOT recently.

I mean, it's bad enough that I sweat buckets in an airconditioned room let alone under a cloudless sky with no airconditioned shelter. The Tans had repeatedly offered a disclaimer which came with their invitation - that the beach was a muddy expense and so I had already a negative impression of Morib.

I woke up at 745am and quickly took my shower and then roused the husband and the son who were sleeping peacefully. Ethan looked so comfortable in our huge bed that I almost did not hace the heart to wake him up.

Anyway, we were on our way by 920am but the silly GPS brought us round and round and we were unable to locate Pantai Morib. FINALLY, after many wrong twists and turbs, we finally got there in one piece.

Golden Sea Restaurant was not as its name suggests, along the beautiful golden sea. The restaurant consisted of quite a few small pavilions along the beach. Although I had been starving during the journey there, I promptly forgot my hunger when we arrived and went to explore the beach with the rest of them.

Ethan enjoyed the sea breeze caressing his hair and looked about his surroundings with interest. He had been a good boy in the car and had had his Happy Meal during the journey. :D We watched as Uncle Meng Khoo tried to fly his wooden eagle kite from Bali and as Coco tried to play with a group of children. Jay Jay stuck close to us though.. hahaha He is a guniang dog :P

It was finally time for lunch! Uncle Meng Khoo ordered a starchy soup, banana chicken, crabs, toasted bread, vegetables and chilli lala. Unfortunately, after finishing the meal, Alan and I were not satiated at all. *sigh* We have big appetites indeed. ahhahaha.

After lunch, we all headed to the sea. The tide had subsided so much that we could walk for about 500m outwards to sea, on the seabed! That was certainly an interesting expedition! A net had been put up by the fishermen which was a few metres long and after the tide had subsided, many fish and etc were caught inside. The sea creatures had all died though because of the shallow waters and the hot sun.

Ethan saw many different kinds of fish, some prawns, small crabs, etc. We even saw this creature that looked like a stingray but had a hard shell covering. Unfortunately, all the above had died because of the inconsiderate fisherman who had not removed the net after gathering his catch. :(

Jay Jay and Coco had a whale of a time too, with Chloe. Chloe had been to the beach thrice and dispensed with the formalities and happily scampered around. She also barked at Coco to join in the fun and he did not disappoint. Our dear furry son, Jay Jay, though was labeled a 'sissy' but the Tan family. He followed me around under the shade of the umbrella and just looked on as Coco and Chloe enjoyed themselves. Most of the time, he was preoccupied with getting rid of the small ants which were feasting on his legs. Poor thing.

After the educational walk, all of us washed our muddy selves clean and then had a RM4 coconut each to quench our thirst in the shade. What a good way to spend a Sunday. :) I was immensely surprised .:)

That evening, Alan and I made our way to a favourite haunt we had not patronised for a very long time. We had steamed assam fish and bakuteh under the bridge for dinner again. :)

No comments: