Monday, March 3, 2008


Saturday 1 March 2008

Role reversal. Alan made me breakfast whilst I prepared to spend 2 hours at my neighbour's making Rm50/hr. ahahha. at 11am, I came home to the husband who was waiting. :)

We embarked on our dvd adventure. This time, similar to the previous, this HK drama was about the highs and lows of two aspiring police officers. Quiet inspirational and sweet.

We cooked an early dinner.

Sunday 2 March 2008

We woke up very late and settled breakfast in a flash. Then the tv was switched on and fantasy was woven into our reality.

Soon it was 4pm and we embarked on our first training with Jay Jay. We leashed him up and used the choke-chain on him for the first time. And then we led him to the colourful outdoor playground. Alan began the training with the usual walk-with-dog-on-left. Jay Jay screeched and struggled in mock pain as though he was being tremendously tortured and manhandled. I am quite sure that if our neighbours had heard the din, they would rush for their phones to call SPCA to save him! bleah Then, the sun came out and so we continue our training in the covered carpark.

After a while, Jay Jay was very much more obedient (compared to Ash on his first training with Patrick Wong anyway) and he responded to the training quite naturally. He also automatically sat (although in front and not beside us) everytime we stopped walking. Cool!

After the training, Alan and I did something new - we went to the gym! Although small and not so well-equipped, we spent our time on the threadmill, lifting weights and also on the step-machine.

Dinner was next and since it was raining cats and dogs, we detoured and went to Mid Valley, instead of going to our favourite alfresco steamboat haunt. Thankfully we found a parking lot almost effortlessly and Alan decided to have our dinner at Rak Thai at Mid Valley SC Basement 1.


We were ushered to a table and waited on. The weird thing was that MANY items on the menu were all unavailable at 650pm (early dinner-time). Items like all the salads, all the desserts and some mains were all 'sold out'. One wonders just how much stock they ordered to cater to the dinner crowd on a daily basis. sheesh

After our tasteless pandan grass jelly was served, we waited a good ten minutes before Alan's TomYam beehoon with king prawns was served. Errr Actually only ONE out of the TWO prawns was a so-called "king prawn". the other was your usual run-of-the-mill type.

I waited and waited in anticipation for my Pad Thai special but it never came. After Alan was almost done with his meal, I called the waiter to check on my meal and why it had not been served especially when "my husband had almost finished his dinner".

The waiter came back to me in a few minutes and announced to me that my Special Pad Thai had been served to the wrong table and that was the last of that dish that coould be cooked for the night as there was no more ingredients.

I was incredulous! I had waited about half an hour!!! What if I hadn't asked for my order to be checked?? The worse part was the waiter wasn't the least apologetic, as though such occurrences were part of his daily mundane experiences. By this time, I was fuming and asked for the bill to be brought and requested for the manager to see me.


The irate Chinese manager did not once apologise for their mistake. She was merely concerned with serving us the bill and getting us to pay. I highlighted to her that the service left much to be desired and related to her what had happened. However, she just kept asking us what we had eaten and whether the bill was accurate. I was furious and told her that we were not going to pay the 10% service charge as their service was "horrible". She just turned away and left. Weirdly she came back with our "change" although Alan had not even paid. See how the management and the whole service team was f-ed up?!? We just handed her the RM20 and left the restaurant.

My dear husband was apologetic , since he was the one who had chosen the restaurant to dine in. hahha. So silly! However, by this time, I was too furious to eat. This was by far the most horrible experience I had had in Malaysia ever since I had arrived. However, I suddenly realised that my standards set for the service in this god-forsaken country cannot be as high as that in Singapore. It is MALAYSIA after all. That sank my mood even further. 4.5 more years in this country??

We decided to walk off my fumes in MPH and I went shopping for tuition books for my tuition kid. Then we headed for Sushi at Sushi Yo! as I was starving. After the ramen and plates and plates of sushi, we headed to the counter and realised just how expensive our dinner was. haha *sigh* What was with the day and eating??

We spent about an hour at carrerfour buying some essentials and then left for home after an ice-cream at Mac's each. ;p

No comments: